Our honeymoon was one of the best trips we have ever been on together! We went to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic at the end of October 2015 for one week. It was incredible!!
We stayed at Majestic Colonial, an all-inclusive resort. A majority of the resorts in that area are all-inclusive options. Neither Ryan nor I had ever been to an all-inclusive, and now we are complete converts! After months of stressful wedding planning, the last thing we wanted to do was plan a busy vacation. We wanted to relax on the beach, drink piña coladas + soak in newlywed bliss without a care in the world. And that’s exactly what Majestic Colonial allowed us to do.
The resort itself is stunning. The main pool runs through the length of the resort, and there are so many cute little paths + beautiful archways in the architecture. There also are lush tropical gardens all through the resort. You truly feel you are in an exotic paradise!
Our room was gorgeous, so spacious and airy! We had a living room area, a peaceful little balcony, and a huge rooftop terrace with chaise lounges + a hot tub! We also had chilled champagne and a welcome letter waiting for us in our room upon arrival. We sure felt pampered!
Majestic has 7 restaurants throughout the resort, so choosing different ones to try for dinner each night was so fun! (For breakfast + lunch just a few buffets were open, but all the restaurants open for dinner!) The food everywhere was SO good! We had heard from friends who’d stayed at other all-inclusives before that while their resorts were beautiful, the food was subpar. We can definitely vouch that all the food we had was delicious! Our favorite dinners were filet mignon at Rodeo Grill and hibachi at Ma + Suri which included a teppanyaki show! So much fun. Also, as part of the Honeymoon package, we were treated to a private dinner on the beach one night. It was so romantic and a once in a lifetime experience we will never forget!
The main attraction of course was the incredible beach! With turquoise blue water + palm trees lining the shore, it was the most beautiful beach I’d ever seen. I’ll let the photos speak for themselves!
Our Typical Day:
- We’d sleep in and get breakfast at the buffet…I had nutella crepes every single day!
- Next we’d head to the beach for a few hours…ahh time to relax
- Grab some lunch, yum!
- Head to the pool and swim-up bar (the best)
- Late afternoon, we’d retreat back to the room for some rest from the sun + to get glam for dinner!
- Time to head to whichever dinner reservation we had for that night! (Depending on the time, we’d stop at the main bar for a pre-dinner cocktail, ooh lala!)
- After dinner, we’d usually head back to the bar or go strollon the beach until it was time for the evening Show
- Head to the open-air theatre for the Show of the night! These were always hilarious and so fun.
- After the show we would head to the resort’s small casino to try our luck!
- The evening would end at the resort’s dance joint Club Coco!
One of our last days there, we decided to go parasailing! I had never done it before and what a blast! It was fun to see go out on the boat and the views of the shoreline and beach from the air were surreal. The blue water just went on and on forever!
Overall, our honeymoon count not have been more relaxing, fun + romantic. It was perfect and we will cherish the memories forever! Such a special trip and fun way to start off newlywed life. We are so glad we chose Majestic Resorts, it was the best experience! I hope we will go back one day. If you have never been to Punta Cana, put it on your bucket list. Believe me, you will not regret it!
Is anyone heading to Punta Cana soon or been there before? Let me know in the comments!
*Disclosure: I was not compensated in any form for this post and am not in affiliation with Majestic Resorts. All opinions expressed are my own.