One of my favorite things in the process of decorating our home was creating a space to entertain our friends and family. I LOVE having people over, whether it’s a full homemade dinner, or some cocktails + appetizers. The process of curating a cozy + visually appealing space to entertain guests is so fun for me! So I knew I wanted to create a space specifically to turn into our bar area, where all our liquor could be stored and displayed in a convenient but also stylish way.
I definitely catch myself lusting after the shiny bar carts I’ve seen all over Pinterest, but we were given a beautiful hutch and desk from family members and I just love the antique touch they add, so I decided to use them for our bar nook.
So regardless if you are styling a bar cart, cabinet, or nook, there are some essentials you will need:
- Corkscrew/Wine Key – I have this Rabbit Bottle Opener, which I LOVE. It is so easy to use and the cork comes clean every time.
- Bottle Cap Opener – Sometimes, someone just wants a beer!
- Ice bucket/chill tub – We have a Martha Stewart Collection one, very similar to this one from Macy’s. I love the sleek look, and I also use it as a wine chill tub.
- Cocktail Shaker – Our shaker is also Martha Stewart Collection, from Macy’s.
- Glasses! – Although you may only like to drink certain things, you should be prepared for whatever your guests might like to drink. You should at least have red wine glasses, white wine glasses, champagne flutes, rocks glasses, a tall beer glasses as a minimum. Martini glasses and Moscow Mule mugs are fun additions as well, but not always necessary. All of our glassware is Lenox Collection from Macy’s and I got the copper mugs from TjMaxx!
- Shot glass – Of course, so you can measure out pours when mixing fabulous cocktails for all your friends!
- A personal touch: It’s fun to have a unique item four bar whether it be fun decor or personalized glasses. Whatever shows off your personality! We have the bourbon prints, which I ordered off Etsy, and personalized “Baker Brewing Company”beer glasses that we received as a wedding gift!
Now that your bar area is ready for guests, what is the first cocktail you’ll be shaking up? Let me know in the comments! 🙂