If a big vacation to the beach or a trip abroad isn’t quite fitting into your schedule or budget this summer, that doesn’t mean you don’t deserve to relax + take some time off! You can have an amazing staycation right in your own city for just a weekend if you’re crunched on time, or take some time off work and make it last a week!
I’ve compiled a list of some ways you can treat yourself to relaxing vacation in your own zip code, no matter where you live!
- Stay in a local hotel, airBNB or bed & breakfast! Part of the fun of traveling is getting to stay somewhere new. We stayed at the amazing 21C Museum Hotel in Downtown Cincinnati. The hotel is art-focused (which is right up my alley) so I loved it! The decor had a modern, sleek vibe with eclectic touches. We loved our stay there + recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel in Cincinnati.
- If you want a more wallet friendly option, get your house/apartment cleaned or clean it yourself as if you were having guests over, just for yourself to enjoy! Part of the appeal of staying somewhere on vacation is that everything is clean, clutter-free, and the bedding is all made up and freshly cleaned. Crane & Canopy has some gorgeous + hotel-worthy bedding that would make your bedroom feel like a vacation oasis!
- Visit your local museums and attractions. Be a tourist in your own town! Many museums are either affordable or free to visit on certain days, and chances are you may have never been to the ones in your own city! During our stay at 21C we got to visit their Art Museum which is a fantastic feature of each 21C hotel. The best part is the museum is completely free, even to non-hotel guests.
- Try a new restaurant or bar! One of my favorite things to do on vacation is get dressed up for a night out + try new places. So get done up and grab your guy or your girlfriends for a dinner out. Going somewhere new will help you feel like you’re on vacation. During our stay at 21C we got some drinks at their main restaurant, Metropole. The decor of the restaurant was gorgeous, I especially was obsessed with the tile floors! Major heart-eyes!!
- Check out local brewery or winery. New breweries seem to popping up all over, look if your area has a brewery or winery that you haven’t been to yet and go enjoy some local brews or vino! We spent an evening at one of our favorites local wineries, Vinoklet. You can read more about this gem in this post.
- Have a spa night at home. Turn off your phone & email, put on some relaxing music, light some candles and do a face mask, or a bath soak. Everyone relaxes differently, so do what feels best to you!
- Take pictures + make memories! You’d take photos and document a trip somewhere right? Do the same for your staycation. It will help to make memories and help you appreciate all that your local city has to offer.
Would to hear some ways you have had a staycation in your hometown! Comment below!
Disclosure: I was invited to write this post by Crane & Canopy. All opinions expressed are my own. In addition, I did receive a complimentary stay at 21C in collaboration with this post. All opinions expressed are my own.