2018 is officially here! I hope everyone had a fun time last night with their New Year’s Eve celebrations! We had some friends over for a small, casual get together. It was nice to have a chill NYE after such a busy holiday season. Ringing in the New Year is one of my favorite things. Its so refreshing to start off a new year with a clean slate, full of ideas and hope, and excitement of what’s to come. If you read my last post, Looking Back On 2017: The Year I Changed My Life then you know that last year was a big one for me. I crushed a lot of goals and surprised even myself! SO for 2018, I want to set the bar even higher. I think the best way to reset for a new year is to take your accomplishments from the year before and then set your goals even higher for the new year! Always push yourself to be better.
my goals + resolutions for 2018
1. Be Intentional : My Number 1 goal for this year is to be more intentional. In all aspects of life. We make so many choices without thinking them through sometimes, and I really want to be more intentional this year with my blog, my content, my business, and most importantly, my relationships. In this day + age, it’s so easy to miss out on real connections because we keep up with friends and family via social media and I want to make more quality time for those I love in my life, and to be truly PRESENT when I am with them.
2. Healthy + Fit Lifestyle: Ok, this is of course a cliche one, but still so important!! Living a healthy lifestyle is something I already try to embody, but I know I could do better. I want to really stick to my workouts + get stronger this year, in addition to eating clean and nutritiously as often as possible. I really want to take care of my body and treat it right because I’m not getting any younger 😉
3. Focus On My Business: I started a photography + web design business last year, and I really want to dig in and focus on growing it this year through marketing, and producing amazing content for my clients. I have so much to learn still, as running a business is not that easy!
4. Grow My Blog: I want to continue making amazing blog content for you all, and hope to grow my readership. I would love to meet-up with other bloggers this year and do some collaborations!! I want my blog to be a source of inspiration on how to create the life that you want and to go after your goals!
5. Travel More!!! This is my favorite goal 🙂 Nothing in world set my soul more on fire that the thought of traveling. I am one of those people who would willingly sell everything I own to travel the world, I would do it in a heartbeat. I believe the best things in life are experiences and travel is one of the best experiences you can have! We are going to Australia + New Zealand in February (ahhh so soon!!!) and Destin, FL in June, but our GOAL is to be able to go on a Bali + Thailand trip in the fall…Bali is my dream destination!! SO we’ll see if we can make that goal happen!
6. Grow in My Faith: I really want to dig deeper into my faith this year, and make daily time a priority for prayer and reflection. My faith is so important to me but it’s so easy to take for granted and get stagnant with. I want to make it more of a priority in both my personal relationship with God and in my marriage. I have some faith-based books on my list that I want to read this year including: Love Does by Bob Goff, Uninvited by Lysa Terkeurst, and Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist.
I am sure more goals will pop up throughout the year, but For Day 1 of 2018, these are my priorities. I am looking forward to making this the best year yet and making incredible memories! Cheers to 2018! What are y’alls New Year’s goals and resolutions?! Let me know in the comments below!!