It’s Thanksgiving week y’all! This is a perfect casual outfit for a more laid back thanksgiving. It’s still put-together, but leaves plenty of room for relaxing + most importantly EATING! 😉 You can get this simple look by pairing any cozy sweater with a statement necklace and nice jeans. I love a good pair of ripped jeans, but I wanted to wear my nicer denim to keep the look a little classier. And I love a good pair of ankle booties! These go with everything and the lower heel keeps them casual. You can shop this look directly at the bottom of the post!
With Thanksgiving just a few days away, I thought I’d share what I’m grateful for! Thanksgiving is a great time to stop and reflect on the year + all the things we are thankful for. Nothing is more uplifting than practicing gratitude!
I’m Grateful For…
- a cozy home that my hubby + I get to make our own
- a hot cup of coffee in the morning
- my sweet, fun-loving pup Nuxie
- my amazing husband who works so hard + always makes me laugh!
- how beautiful the Fall leaves were this year
- the opportunity to start my own business + pursue what I love
- family..even though my family isn’t perfect, I am still thankful for the love we share
- getting to go on our Eurotrip in August
- my health – this is something that is so easy to take for granted
- challenging times that taught me lessons this past year
- friends to share life with
- my bed + sleeping in – but really…I am obsessed with how comfortable our bed is!
- going to church with my hubby
- my sweet and fun nieces + nephew
- having my own car that I bought new…I didn’t have a car until my senior year of college. Before that I took the city bus to my multiple part time jobs throughout college.
Growing up, I did not have the easiest life. Raised by a single mom who remarried and divorced (twice), moving + switching schools more times than I can count, my mom injuring her back and having surgery, to loved ones passing away too soon…and that’s just scratching the surface. I don’t say this to complain, just to be real and honest. I literally have everything in life right now that I could’ve ever dreamed of growing up. It’s so easy on social media to get caught up in comparison to others and feeling like our life doesn’t measure up to what we see on the screen. And always wanting more. I get caught up in it too sometimes. But when I focus on gratitude and look at the hard work I’ve put in and how far my life has come, I am amazed. God is so good + had blessed me tenfold. They say, when you are grateful, you have everything you need. My life is not perfect, but it’s pretty darn amazing and taking the time to remember that it so important! I am so grateful this Thanksgiving + I hope everyone else has many blessings to count as well. Take some time to be truly grateful this Thanksgiving!